Bhatmas Sadeko भटमास साँधेको is a very simple Nepalese snack. Some people call it a “salad” but it is not entirely accurate. The reason being Bhatmas Sadeko भटमास साँधेको is enjoyed either as a side dish, or simply with cold beer. There are a thousand variety of Bhatmas Sadeko भटमास साँधेको , according to my Nepalese grocer Pratap, but this is the simplest way to make it.
- 1 cup of dry soybean
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil (I use peanut oil)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2cm fresh ginger
- 4 small Thai red chilies
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Sichuan peppercorn
- Juice from 1 lime or half a lemon
- 1 onion (optional)
- Garnish: coriander leaves (optional)
Serving: 2 persons (as accompaniment)
- Heat up your pan on medium heat and add the oil.
- Stir-fry first your minced garlic and ginger.
- Add your Sichuan peppercorn and turmeric powder.
- Add in your soybeans and stir-fry until brown.
- Pour the mix into a bowl and add your lime/lemon juice. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Add chopped onions (optional) and coriander leaves before serving.
Click to support this site!