After braising some of my Violetto di Sant’Erasmo purple artichokes, I have used the rest in a simple grilled dish. The whole point of this recipe is to enjoy the tender creamy texture and taste of these baby purple artichokes.
Artichokes go so well with olive oil, cheese and garlic, so this recipe certainly brings out the best of that combination.
Serving: 2 persons as a side dish
- 8-10 baby purple artichokes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley to garnish
- Prepare the artichokes: Cut the stem and the top. Peel away the hard outer petals. Cut the chokes into halves.
- Bring to boil a saucepan of water and cook your artichokes in them for 15 minutes until soft. Take care not to stir them or break the tender petals.
- In a bowl, mix ground garlic, grated Parmesan cheese, olive oil, a dash of salt and pepper.
- Once the artichokes are cooked, strain them out of the water and place them facing up on a baking tray.
- Heat up your oven grill to 180 degree celsius.
- Spread your garlic and cheese mix onto the flat side of the artichokes.
- Grill your artichokes for about 5 minutes.
- Once ready, garnish with parsley leaves and serve.