I like teriyaki chicken but lament the fact that you only use chicken breast without the skin when doing teriyaki. Hence I invented this recipe to satisfy my craving for chicken skin.
- 500g chicken thigh with skin
- 250ml teriyaki sauce (replace this with maple syrup and soya sauce if you don’t have this)
- 2 tablespoonfuls of oil
- 1 green apple
- 1 yellow paprika
- Mixed greens
- Handful of grilled sesame seeds
- Marinate your chicken with your teriyaki sauce in a big bowl. Cover and leave in the fridge for one night.
- Heat your oven grill to 180 degree Celsius. Take your chicken out of the bowl, make sure there is a bit of sauce left in the bowl, keep that. Grill your chicken on both sides for 20 minutes or until the skin is crispy.
- Once your chicken is cooked, take it out and leave to cool. De-bone your chicken and cut into strips of 2cm wide.
- Heat your pan, add in your oil. Put your chicken in and let it sizzle for a bit. Add in the rest of your teriyaki sauce, turn down the heat and stirring occasionally to make sure that the sauce covers the chicken entirely.
- Once the chicken is caramelized with the teriyaki sauce and is slightly burnt, turn off the heat.
- Prepare your salad: mixed lettuces, slices of green apple and the yellow paprika.
- Place your chicken on the bed of salad and sprinkle with grilled sesame seeds. Serve.