This is the second of my yong tau fu recipes: Tom Yam Yong Tau Fu.
It is a fusion dish that combines the Thai ‘tom yam’ soup with Chinese Hakka stuffed vegetables ‘yong tau fu’. To make my tom yam, I have taken the shortcut using Thai garlic chili sauce. All Thais have a jar of this in their fridge, and regularly
To find out how to make yong tau fu, please visit my original recipe: YONG TAU FU 酿豆腐 – THE PREMIUM HAKKA DISH AND THE CASE OF THE MISWRITTEN VERB
- 15 pieces of yong tau fu
- 1 stalk lemon grass (broken in halves and bruised with back of a knife)
- 4-5 kaffir lime leaves (fresh or dried)
- 2tbs Thai garlic chili sauce
- 1tbs Thai fish sauce
- 1 green lime
- 1tbs sugar
- 600ml water
- Garnish: coriander
Serving: 2 persons
- Bring to boil 600ml of water in a pot. Once boiling, stir in the Thai garlic chili sauce, lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves.
- Turn to medium heat and put in your pieces of yong tau fu. Once cooked, turn off the fire.
- In your serving bowl, squeeze in the juice of a lime and some sugar. Pour the soup into the serving bowl, add Thai fish sauce to taste, stir well.
- Serve garnished with coriander.
Have you tried the other recipes in my Yong Tau Fu series?
Carry It Like Harry – Yong Tau Fu recipe series: